By: LECOM Wellness
Feel the burn with these five exercises that burn more calories than running:
1. Agility ladder – You’ll burn a ton of calories with the short bursts of speed, balance, and coordination it takes to finish a full agility ladder circuit.
2. Kettleball swing – This exercise works the muscles around your glutes and quads and gets your heart pumping. In a study by the University of Wisconsin, participants burned 20.2 calories per minute.
3. Indoor rowing – For total body training, indoor rowing is a great option. You’ll utilize the muscles in your arms, legs and back, burning about 12.5 calories per minute.
4. Burpees – Ten burpees every 60 seconds can help burn an average of 14.3 calories per minute.
5. Jumping rope – Moderate-intensity rope jumping—about 100 to 120 skips per minute—burns about 13 calories a minute.
Macmillan, Amanda. 2018. 10 Cardio Exercises That Burn More Calories than Running. May 21. Accessed June 20, 2018. https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/g19546016/10-exercises-that-burn-more-calories-than-running/?slide=2.
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our newsletter and emails